Monday, April 9, 2018

Some things never change...

In the summer of 2002, I took my first color photography class, where I had weekly assignments and developed my own color film (as this was one of the requirements for the class).  It was great to learn the processes, but I was grateful that there were still photo labs and stores that developed film, at that time. There are far fewer labs around sixteen years later. 

For those of you who are familiar with my earlier work, you will recognize the below photo.  I took this photo because I saw the flower first, but then noticed the plant's shadow on the rock. 


When I was out late this past winter, I saw this "rogue" crocus growing under our tall Douglas fir trees.  The lighting and other conditions were just right, so I grabbed my camera.  Again, noticing the shadow, I turned my attention to that, and what you see below is the result. 


As many of you know, this is not a new thing for me.  I have taken many photos of shadows throughout the 18+ years I have been doing photography.  I will see what else I can find and share more shadows, with all of you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment